Mayo Clinic cardiac surgeon, Richard Daly, M.D., discusses the robotic approach to mitral valve repair. For more information on mitral valve repair or to request an appointment, visit here.
Robotic mitral valve repair techniques are similar to those of traditional techniques, but allow for a minimally invasive approach. Several small incisions are made instead of by way of sternotomy or thoracotomy allowing for a faster recovery time and shorter hospital stays. Careful patient selection is important as some contradictions do not allow for a robotic approach.
- Degenerative mitral insufficiency (0:37)
- Mitral repair survival (1:33)
- Mitral regurgitation repair guidelines (2:04)
- Mitral valve repair at Mayo Clinic (2:22)
- Robotic approach video (5:46)
- Posterior leaflet prolapse triangular resection (6:47)
- Post-op evaluation (7:40)
- Patient selection and contraindications (8:07)
- Robot-assisted mitral repair results (10:10)
- Other robotic operations (11:23)
- Recovery timeframe (11:56)
- Conclusion (12:21)