In this video originally posted on TheHeart.org on Medscape Cardiology, Mayo Clinic interventional cardiologist, David R. Holmes Jr., M.D., and cardiac surgeon, Lyle Joyce, M.D., discuss percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) versus coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) in the post-SYNTAX era. For more information or to request an appointment, visit here.
Video content outline:
- Reconciling results of EXCEL, NOBLE and SYNTAX trials (0:23)
- Incorporating new data into practice (3:35)
- Using the SYNTAX Score in practice (8:57)
- Making patient-centered decisions (11:42)
- Looking ahead in stent and surgical technologies (16:52)
- Conclusion (20:02)