Amanika Kumar, MD
Amanika Kumar, M.D., is a gynecologic oncologist. Her clinical focus includes:
- Complex surgery for primary and recurrent gynecologic malignancy including the use of HIPEC and intra-operative radiation
- Chemotherapy clinical trials for gynecologic malignancy
- Promoting care that is consistent with patient values and with the goals of preserving quality of life, including palliative care and end of life care
- Multipdiscplinary team based care for complex gynecologic malignancy
- Surgery in a minimally invasive approach using vaginal, laparoscopic and robotic surgery
In addition to her clinical activities, Dr. Kumar is active in research and education, providing mentorship to residents and fellows. She focuses her research on ovarian cancer surgical outcomes and in quality of life in endometrial cancer.