Devyani Lal, MD
Devyani Lal, M.D., is Professor of Otolaryngology, Mayo College of Medicine and Science with a joint appointment in Neurological Surgery. She has a specialty interest in Rhinology & Endoscopic Cranial Base Surgery.
Dr. Lal focuses on:
- Complex sinus disease requiring surgery (nasal polyposis, aspirin exacerbated respiratory disease, allergic fungal sinusitis, etc.)
- Revision sinus surgery and frontal sinus surgery
- Cerebrospinal rhinorrhea repair
- Endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary tumors, chordomas, craniopharyngioma
- Sinonasal malignancies and tumors (inverted papilloma, melanoma, carcinoma, osteoma, etc.)
- Endoscopic endonasal surgery for pterygopalatine, infratemporal and petrous apex pathology
- Endoscopic orbital decompression and endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR)
Dr. has published over 90 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. She is author and co-editor of the book, "Frontal Sinus Surgery: A Systematic Approach."
Dr. Lal currently serves on the Executive Board, the Rhinology Training Council and the Continuing Medical Education Committee of the American Rhinologic Society. She is a member of the Rhinology and Allergy Education Committee of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. She is also Associate Dean, Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development.